Fajita is a delicious dish that is associated with the Tex-Mex cuisine. The word fajita is probably derived from the Spanish word ‘faja’ which means ‘belt’ or ‘girdle’. Fajita would be a belt of meat that is diminutive, ideally 18 inches long and 1 inch thick. This dish uses special and fresh ingredients such as bell peppers, onions and meats. Traditional fajitas use skirt steak. To provide variations, some culinary experts use different meat cuts like chicken breasts, while making the dish. To know how to cook this dish, it is important to look at some of the best homemade and easy-to-prepare fajita recipes. The instructions in these recipes are simple and the ingredients are cheap as well as easy to find. So, go ahead, and try these mouthwatering recipes.
Quick Pork Fajitas
The first fajita on our list is quick pork fajitas.
Ingredients for Quick Pork Fajitas
For this healthy and cheap dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- a pound of thinly sliced pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning
- ½ an onion
- ½ red bell pepper or green bell pepper
- 4 warmed tortillas
Method for making Quick Pork Fajitas
- Place the pound of thinly sliced pork tenderloin in a bowl.
- Add in the fajita seasoning. Make sure that the pork pieces are coated evenly with the seasoning.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Stir fry the meat cuts in the pan with 1/2 of a red or green bell pepper and 1/2 an onion.
- When the onion and peppers are tender, wrap the meat cuts and vegetables in the tortillas.
- Before wrapping the dish do not forget to top the meat cuts with salsa.
- Serve immediately.
It really is that simple to make this dish!
To make delectable and luscious Venison Fajitas, you will require the following ingredients.
Ingredients to Make Venison Fajitas
- 1 ½ pounds venison
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- a medium size red bell pepper
- a medium size yellow bell pepper
- a medium size onion
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Method for Making Venison Fajita
- Mix 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon ofcayenne pepper in a small bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of oregano to these ingredients and mix well.
- Place the meat in a large bowl and add the prepared seasoning. Cover the bowl with an aluminum foil and refrigerate.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet. Add a medium sized onion (chopped) to the oil and sauté it.
- Next, add chopped yellow and red bell peppers (medium sized). Cook the onion, bell peppers for two minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and heat the remaining oil.
- Fry the venison slices until the color of the meat turns brown. Add the onion and bell peppers to the skillet.
- Cook the dish for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the venison slices on tortillas and top with the vegetables as well as the sauce.
- Fold the tortillas and serve hot.
For more information on fajita recipes, you could also read: