Including green beans in your diet is undoubtedly a nutritious and healthy choice. For green beans lovers, here is a simply and tasty recipe. So, let us first see the ingredients required to make the green bean casserole recipe.
Ingredients Required to Make Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Making this particular yummy recipe involves a handful of ingredients.
Of course, first, you should have to get your green beans. That should be about four cups of green beans. It would be better if you have this cooked first to make the process easy for you as you proceed to make this casserole. Aside from your cooked green beans, you should also have a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup. Basically, that would be about ten and three fourth ounces of cream for this recipe. So, the first two ingredients on our list would be:
- 4 cups green beans
- a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
The other ingredients required to make this dish include:
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions
Method for Making Green Beans Casserole
- To make this tasty dish, the first step is to take a one and one half quart casserole dish.
- Pour in the can of condensed mushroom soup and 1/2 cup of milk in the dish. Add 1/8th teaspoon of pepper to these ingredients and mix well.
- Next, add 4 cups of cooked green beans. Next add 1 and 1/3 cups of onions and mix all the ingredients till they blend well (you can reserve a small portion of the onions to serve as toppings later).
- Now, you may proceed with baking this mixture in an oven or grill. The recommended baking time would be about twenty five minutes. Be sure that the heat is set at around 345° F.
- Remove from the oven or grill.
- Finally, you can add toppings to your green bean casserole. Add the fried onions you had reserved earlier.
- Bake the casserole again. This should take about five extra minutes as soon as you place it back on the oven or grill. If you do not have a timer, you can check if the onions would have a lightly brown color. This is one of the clear indications that you are done baking.
- Remove and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon some of this on a plate or platter, and enjoy with your family, relatives or friends.
Easy is it not? Similar to the green bean casserole recipe, you can learn several easy and healthy recipes. So, baking need not really be arduous and time consuming!
For more information on green bean casserole recipe, you can also read: